TWENTY-ONE DAYS OF PROFOUND SPIRITUAL PRACTICE
Experience an exceptional and exciting opportunity to deepen your own spiritual practice under the personal guidance of senior disciples of Swami Vishnudevananda. Follow an exciting and disciplined approach to daily asanas, pranayama, meditation, study, chanting of the scriptures, lectures, spiritual diary, japa and kriyas. Remove stagnation and resistance and allow consciousness to expand. Be in the company of like-minded people, dedicated to spiritual growth
Open to Sivanananda TTC graduates or anyone with regular yoga practice for one year from any of the worldwide Sivananda Ashrams and Centres. A reference letter from the Ashram/Centre Director is mandatory for admission. Numbers are limited to allow for personal guidance. The programme is for the full twenty-one days. Partial attendance cannot be considered. Students to be fully committed to experience a period of disciplined sadhana.
You are guided daily in your practice by study of the texts Sadhana by Swami Sivananda andMeditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda. You open to an experience of deep devotion and peace of mind through daily chanting sessions of the Bhagavad Gita and the Lalitha Sahasranama. Your mind clears and your body becomes supple and light through the asana classes and early-morning pranayama sessions.
A daily spiritual diary is a requisite during the programme, and you will participate fully in all aspects of the programme. This is not a yoga vacation, nor a teachers’ refresher course and is held in the quiet season at the Ashram to ensure as little disturbance as possible. Please note there is no certification for this programme. It is intended to enhance and strengthen personal practice only.
|04.20 AM||Wake up|
|05.00 AM||Pranayama class|
|8.15 AM||Asana Class|
|11.00 AM||Karma Yoga|
|12.00 PM||Lecture (based on Sadhana by Swami Sivananda)|
|2.00 PM||Lecture (based on Mediation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda)|
|3.30 PM||Advanced asana class|
|6.15 PM||Temple chanting (Bhagavad Gita and Lalitha Sahasranama)|
|9.00 PM||Likitha japa or reading (silence)|
|9.15 PM||Spiritual diary|
|9.45 PM||Lights out|
- Study will follow Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda and Sadhana by Swami Sivananda. These will be available for purchase in the Ashram boutique
- Certification – Please note there is no certification for this course. It is intended to enhance and strengthen personal practice only.
- Things to bring – comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and torch. You can also purchase these items at the ashram boutique.
- Meals – Brunch will be kichadi (rice and dhal); supper will be a simple meal. Fruit will be offered once during the day.
- Free Day – There will be no free days.
- Attendance – Attendance at all programmes and activities is mandatory. The Ashram reserves the right to convert your stay to the status of Yoga Vacation guest if the programme is not satisfactorily followed.
- Arrival and Departure – We recommend that you arrive a few days before the start of the programme in India and/or the Ashram to give time to acclimatise. Arrival should be no later than December 31. Departure is on January 21.
- Only twin share room is available for the programme
Price includes course, bed and board
|Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Tapaswini Ashram,
Gudur, Andhra Pradesh
|31 Dec – 20 Jan 2018||Twin Share Room: Rs 40,000|
For registrations contact email@example.com
Our accommodation is simple and functional. We only have twin-share rooms for the programme. For each guest, a bed with a mattress and supports for mosquito net, plus 2 bed sheets, a pillow with cover and a mosquito net are provided.
Please Note: couples are not allowed to share twin rooms during the courses.