Panchakarma Detoxification Programme
The miracle of the human body with its natural healing intelligence is capable of constantly renewing and rejuvenating itself. However when imbalance and weakened digestive capacity allow toxic impurities to form, this natural ability of the body is blocked. Panchakarma, a formidable Ayurvedic therapy, eliminates accumulated toxins from the body, improves metabolic rate and digestive fire and brings balance to the doshas (the energetic principles of the body and mind). In just two weeks this powerful therapy will leave your body younger, stronger and free from chronic ailments and your mind calm, stress-free and relaxed.
Panchakarma in the Ashram is a unique opportunity to cleanse in a peaceful and restful environment, while benefiting from the Ashram daily programme of yoga classes, meditation sessions and more. The treatments are designed to meet individual needs with personal check-ups from our Ayurvedic physicians. Dietary, medicinal and massage requirements are modified as required. As each individual is unique, treatments are personalised using herbal medicines and oils to restore harmony and vitality. In addition to the Panchakarma treatment, you will receive a full health check with blood profile, a doctor’s daily review and talks on Ayurveda.
Who should attend?
Everyone is welcome. Panchakarma is recommended for everyone. Since Ayurveda is preventative as well as curative, you do not need to have a specific problem to benefit from panchakarma. However the treatment is highly effective for a vast range of disorders and diseases. The treatment is available all year-round.
- Increases strength and immunity
- Promotes detoxification
- Increases energy levels, revitalises
- Anti-aging, has a profound rejuvenative effect
- Prevents neuro-degenerative disease such as Alzheimer’s
- Prevents bone-degenerative disease
- Increases metabolism
- Increases memory and concentration
- Promotes weight loss, used for treatment of obesity
- Regulates menstruation
- Reduces insomnia
- Enhances the mind; promotes mental clarity and well-being and on a deeper level, enhances consciousness.
Stages of Panchakarma
There are three stages in panchakarma therapy, all equally important.
Purva Karma—Preparatory Stage
- Snehana Medicated oil or ghee is administered orally and through massage. Enables easy elimination of the fat-soluble toxins and removes blockages created by metabolic waste. 1 hour | 5-7 treatments
- Svedana Heat is applied to open the pores and channels for ease of elimination of water-soluble Techniques used include steam bath, hot bundles, leaf bundles, powder bundles, among others. 30 mins | 2-3 treatments
Pradan Karma—the Five Actions—Treatment Stage
- Vamana (emesis) Therapeutic-induced vomiting reduces the imbalance of kapha dosha.
- Virechana (purgation) Medicated purgation through the bowels, eliminates imbalance of pitta accumulated in the liver and gallbladder.
- Sneha Basti (oil enema) Anally-administered medicated oil or ghee lubricates the large intestine, balancing vata.
- Kashya Basti (decoction enema) Anally-administered herb-infused decoction high in electrolytes and alkalinity helps neurological, auto-immune and degenerative conditions.
- Nasyam (nasal medication) Medicated oil or powder introduced through the nose reduces kapha imbalances above the clavicle region.
Paschat Karma –Post Treatment Stage
It is important to maintain a pure vegetarian diet and healthy lifestyle for one month after the therapy and to take rasayana herbs (revitalising herbs) during this period of readjustment. These will be supplied. Additional prescriptions may be offered during the final consultation.
- 7 days pre-purification
- 7 days of therapy
- Introduction to Ayurveda (the ancient Indian ‘Science of Life’)
- Personalized Ayurvedic diet guidelines based on your body’s constitution
Access to all Ashram facilities and activities including daily satsangs including meditation, yoga classes, lectures and cultural programmes.
Dr P.R. VISHNU BAMS, MD
Education: BAMS Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (Ayurveda Acharya), MD in Panchakarma
Director of the Sivananda Institute of Health at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram in Neyyar Dam, South India.
Sivananda Yoga Ashram Canada.
Ayurveda Wellness Course, SYVDA – coordinator and teacher
Ayurveda Abhyanga (massage) Course, SYVDA – coordinator and teacher
Ayurveda Therapy Course teacher
|06.00 AM||Satsang (GROUP meditation, chanting and talk)|
|08.00 AM||Daily Panchakarma Session #1|
|10.00 AM||Brunch (INDIAN vegetarian meal)|
|10.45 AM||Karma Yoga (SELFLESS Service)|
|12:00 PM||Daily Panchakarma Session #2|
|02.00 PM||Daily Panchakarma Session #3|
|04.00 PM||Yoga Class (SEPARATE classes for beginners and intermediate students)|
|06.00 PM||Dinner (INDIAN vegetarian meal)|
|08.00 PM||Satsang (GROUP meditation, chanting and talk)|
|10.30 PM||Lights out|
Panchakarma Detoxification is a powerful two-week healing programme that reinforces the immune system and leaves the body healthier, stronger and free from chronic ailments. In addition to the Panchakarma treatment, you will receive a full health check with blood profile, a doctor’s daily review and talks on Ayurveda. You will also benefit from the daily ashram schedule of yoga classes, meditation and more.
Panchakarma Detoxification Programme
Prices (including 18% GST)
15 Nov – 29 Nov 2017
Rs 51,000 Twin Share
Rs 61,000 Single
08 Dec – 22 Dec 2017
|Rs 51,000 Twin Share
Rs 61,000 Single
Resident Indians please enquire with email@example.com regarding prices and registration.
For medical and treatment related queries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices and dates are subject to change without notice. For all programmes guests are subject to the suggested price in effect at the time of full payment.