A three-week Childrens’ Summer Yoga Camp for kids aged 7 to 13 years combines the beauty and discipline of yoga with the excitement of a camp. By practising yogic principles, children learn to develop discipline, personal skills and talent. The programme also helps in building character and self-confidence. The training children receive will work positively at the subconscious level to give a strong spiritual foundation to their future lives. The children learn to appreciate nature, different religions and begin to experience the inner silence and peace that comes through practice of yoga and meditation. Donation includes all tuition, accommodation, uniform, manual and meals.
Children stay in separate boy’s and girl’s dormitories supervised by counsellors. The dormitories are well ventilated and comfortable with sufficient storage space. Bathroom facilities have cold water only.
Mattress, 2 sheets, pillow, pillowcase and mosquito net are provided.
6am Wake up
6:30am Satsang (group meditation, chanting and talk)
7:30am Milk & snacks
8am Hatha yoga class
10am Vegetarian brunch
11am Karma yoga (selfless service)
12pm Lecture or chanting class
1:30pm Milk & snacks
2pm Arts & creativity / workshop / discussions
6pm Vegetarian dinner
7pm Silent time - reading stories,writing letters to family, likita japa
7:30pm Satsang (group meditation, chanting and talk)
8:30pm Happy assembly - indoor games
9:30pm Lights out
The programme is taught by experienced Ashram staff who live with the children throughout the course and are available twenty-four hours to care for the children's needs. Children learn the value of karma yoga (selfless service) as they help to maintain the Ashram with their allocated daily tasks. Yoga asana and meditation help to keep the body healthy, flexible and the mind focussed. Your child will have lots of fun meeting new friends and discovering many new and rewarding interests. A unique and exciting way for your child to spend the summer!
A course certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course.
Course Dates/ Donations
- 30th April to 21st May,2017
- Rs. 13000
We recommend arrival one day before the start of the programme.
Children are free to leave after graduation. Parents are invited to meet the staff on the day of graduation. Both children and parents are welcome to stay at the Ashram on the night after graduation. Accommodation on the night of graduation is free of charge for both children and parents.
Dates and donations are subject to change without notice. For all programmes guests are subject to the suggested donation in effect at the time of final payment.
How to Register for Kids Camp
What Children Need to Bring
- One passport-size photo
- Medication they require, swimming costume, 3 towels, yoga asana clothes (loose pants and cotton t-shirts), water bottle, pen, notebook, torch with spare batteries and their favourite clothes for day trips. Most of these items (except clothing) are available from the Ashram boutique.
- Children are not allowed the following items to the Ashram: Mobile phones, IPod, I-pad, radios, electronic games or teen magazines to maintain the serenity and atmosphere of the Ashram.
- Participation for the entire duration of three weeks is mandatory.
- Children are not allowed to receive or make phone calls during their stay.
- Parents are not allowed to visit during the programme.
- The Ashram cannot be responsible for any item of value.
- No pocket money should be given to children. A deposit can be left with the Ashram.
- A laundry service is available free of cost.