Recharge and rejuvenate with our Yoga Vacation programme— in the land where Yoga was born.
Available year-round, the Yoga Vacation programme in India offers the chance to immerse yourself fully in the yogic lifestyle and to dive deep into the ancient teachings of India. You can leave behind the stresses and strains of daily life to rediscover the joy of living in the idyllic setting of a traditional Indian Ashram. Come to experience the profound benefits that yoga brings to mind, body and spirit. During your stay, discover new ways of thinking and increase your spiritual knowledge through daily talks. Perfect your own practices and clear doubts with individual guidance from our teachers.
Immerse yourself in the calming atmosphere of the Ashram, making new friends with like-minded people from all corners of the world. You will begin to discover your true nature and develop skills to improve the health of body and mind. The programme will help you to establish a solid foundation to living a life of peace and happiness.
Based on the Five Points of Yoga of Swami Vishnudevananda the Yoga Vacation promotes radiant health and inner peace. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned practitioner you will increase your vitality, positivity, and ease of being as a result of daily yoga practice, healthy vegetarian diet, silent meditation sessions, and uplifting teachings. You will experience some of the devotional practices, traditional to India, that are an integral part of your stay here. Your mind will expand and your heart will open.
Yoga Vacationers are required to follow the Ashram’s Daily Schedule, which includes plenty of time for socialising, learning, and relaxing. All guests attend morning and evening satsang, the afternoon lecture and both yoga classes each day to make the most of their stay and to contribute to the community experience.
Each day starts and ends with Satsang, a practice that is at the core of Ashram life. Here we meditate silently, join together to joyfully chant and listen to an inspiring talk or reading on yoga. Yoga asana classes are held twice a day at 8am and 3.30pm. We offer separate classes for beginner and intermediate students. The classes are based on the classical twelve basic asanas, along with pranayama and the sun salute. The focus is on mastering these basic asanas from which variations are then added to further strengthen the practice.
Our meals, served twice a day at 10am and 6pm, are based on a healthy vegetarian diet, using as much as possible seasonal and locally-sourced food.
Karma Yoga at 11am each morning gives you the opportunity to help around the Ashram but also to meet like-minded practitioners and be a part of the Ashram community. It is an important aspect of the schedule and opens you into a more subtle understanding of yourself. The first path of the Four Paths of Yoga, Karma Yoga is the foundation on which all yoga practice is based.
Our daily 2pm workshop/lecture takes you into the deeper practices of yoga, explaining the theory, philosophy and psychology behind them that will serve to enhance your practice and expand the mind.
|6am||Satsang (group meditation, chanting and talk)|
|8am||Asana Class (separate classes for beginners and intermediate students)|
|10am||Brunch (Indian vegetarian meal)|
|11am||Karma Yoga (selfless service)|
|12.30pm||Asana Coaching (Optional)|
|2pm||Lecture (talks on various yoga topics)|
|3.30pm||Asana Class (separate classes for beginners and intermediate students)|
|6pm||Dinner (Indian vegetarian meal)|
|8pm||Satsang (group meditation, chanting and talk)|
The daily schedule may change from time to time according to need. The schedule is mandatory unless otherwise indicated.
- Things to bring – comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels, water bottle and torch. You can also purchase these items at the ashram boutique.
- People staying in temporary dorms are requested to bring a blanket cover during Jan – Feb as the mornings are a bit cold during this time.
- Guests should be familiar with the Ashram Rules & Guidelines before their arrival.
- The daily schedule may change from time to time according to need. The entire schedule is mandatory unless otherwise indicated.
- Day trips to places of interest are regularly arranged on the day off.
Prices are per night/person for programme and bed and board
|Ashram||Date||Season/duration||Prices / Night|
|From 1st & 16th each month
(minimum 3 nights stay)
|Rs. 770 Tent
Rs. 770 Dorm
Rs. 1000 Twin share – common bathroom
Rs. 1270 Twin share
Rs. 2040 Twin share with AC
|Rs. 880 Tent
Rs. 880 Dorm
Rs. 1100 Twin share – common bathroom
Rs. 1380 Twin share
Rs. 2040 Twin share with AC
21 Dec 2018 – 01 Jan 2019
3 nights stay
|Rs. 990 Tent
Rs. 990 Dorm
Rs. 1210 Twin share – common bathroom
Rs. 1490 Twin share
Rs. 2310 Twin share with AC
* YACP (Yoga Ayurveda Cultural Programme) replaces Yoga Vacation programme.
Advance booking is necessary for room accommodation only. Contact the concerned ashram directly.
For all accommodation, two bed sheets, a pillow with cover and a mosquito net are provided.
RESIDENT INDIAN NATIONALS please enquire with firstname.lastname@example.org regarding concessional prices.
The Ashram offers five simple and functional types of accommodation. There are no single rooms.
- Vaikuntam Rooms: Shared AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water), kettle and fridge
- Kailash Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water)
- Vishnu Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with common bathrooms (cold water only)
- Dormitory: separate for men and women. Dormitories contain up to 32 beds with two-bedded cubicles. Limited solar heated water is available.
- Tent space: You are requested to bring your own tent, mattress, bed sheet and pillow. Shared tent area bathrooms are with cold water only.
Please note: Couples are not permitted to share twin rooms during Teachers’ Training Courses, Advanced Teachers’ Training Course, and the Sadhana Intensive Course.
For all accommodation mosquito net is provided.