The discipline of yoga and the fun of camp
Contact: [email protected] or Call/ Whatsapp: +91 9446580764
Where better to send your child during the summer holidays than to a place which combines the discipline of yoga and the fun of camp? With the increasing pressures from society, including from school and from social media, children more than ever need a foundation of strength and understanding to successfully navigate the world. There is no better way than to instil in their lives the ancient traditional teachings of India.
Here is a great combination of a disciplined life of yoga and the fun of summer camp. It aims to inspire young teens aged 12-14 with the understanding, knowledge, and tools they need to make a positive impact on themselves as well as the people and communities around them.
It teaches the values of a yogic life including vegetarianism, respect for all religions, love for nature and for humanity. Your child will find new friends and discover new interests. A unique and exciting way to spend the summer.
A certificate of participation is issued on completion of the course.
We are not holding this program this year in Neyyar Dam.
Please check the India page for this program at our other ashrams.
- Programme promotes self-respect and discipline as well as cooperation, teamwork and a sense of community living
- A combination of indoor and outdoor activities all infused with an element of fun
- Daily karma yoga (selfless service) to help maintain the Ashram with daily tasks and join with the Ashram community
- Daily yoga class and meditation to keep the body healthy and the mind focussed
- Arts and creative classes, outdoor games, indoor games and workshops with special guest teachers
- Organised day trips to local places of interest
- Quiet time at the end of each day giving the child the opportunity to read, write home or just reflect on the day
- Meals are vegetarian and snacks and drinks are provided during the day
|7.30am||Tea & Snacks|
|8am||Hatha yoga class|
|12pm||Bhagavad Gita lecture or chanting class|
|1.30pm||Tea & Snacks|
|2pm||Lecture / workshop / discussions|
|4pm||Games / Outdoor Activity|
|7pm||Silent time – reading stories, writing home, likhita japa etc.|
|8.30pm||Happy assembly – indoor games|
Children stay in separate boys’ and girls’ dormitories supervised by counsellors. The dormitories are simple and comfortable with two beds in one cubicle.
Two sheets, pillow, pillowcase and mosquito net are provided.
Things to Bring
Two sets of uniform are provided as part of the course
- required medication
- swimming costume
- towel x 3
- yoga clothes (loose pants & t-shirts)
- water bottle
- note book & pen
- torch with spare batteries
- clothes for day trips
- a passport size photograph
- Children are free to leave after graduation
- Parents are invited to meet the staff on the day of graduation
- Both children and parents are welcome to stay at the ashram on the night after graduation. Accommodation on the night of graduation is free of charge for both children and parents
- Children will not be admitted for partial stay, they must stay for the entire duration of two weeks
- Children are not allowed to receive or make phone calls during their stay
- Parents are not allowed to visit during the Camp
- The Ashram cannot be held responsible for any item of value
- No pocket money – but a deposit can be left with the Ashram
- A laundry service is available free of cost
- Children are not allowed to bring the following items into the Ashram: Walkmans, Ipods, radios, electronic games, mobile phones or teen magazines
For further information or queries, please contact [email protected]
In view of possible difficulties with visas and flights, we recommend that you register only after visas and flights are certain.
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 6.5% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 100 up until 3 months from the booking date for USD payments.
- An additional USD 50 will be charged (USD refunds) where cancellation is after 3 months from the booking date (all accommodations).
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within three days, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 18% for Indians ie. INR payments (all accommodations).
- 25% for USD payments (all accommodations)
- After three days of the course, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
Full refund will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the programme.