To ensure the safety of those living in the ashram and new arrivals, please review our Covid Safety Guidelines prior to making travel arrangements
HOW TO GET HERE
- The nearest airport is the Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram) Airport (TRV)
- Most major airlines domestic and international are available. Click Here to view all available airlines
- The airport is 33.8km from the ashram and takes about 1 hour 15 minutes
- The pre-paid taxi booth is situated near the exit as you come through Arrivals
- Pre-paid taxis are available from both domestic and international terminals. Travel time to the ashram is approximately 1 hour
- Rideshare options are available through Uber and Ola
- Taxi Rickshaw Association a taxi can be booked from the ashram location to pick you up and bring you to the ashram.
Please call +91. 8547. 273888 for booking and rates.
From Trivandrum Bus Station (KSRTC Central (Thambanoor) Bus Station), located across the street from the Trivandrum Central Railway Station.
Two options by bus:
- Take a bus to the town of KATTAKADA, departing from Platform No.1 or 2. From KATTAKADA take an auto-rickshaw directly to the ashram (20 minutes)
- Take a bus directly to NEYYAR DAM which run irregularly once or twice an hour from Platform 1 or 2. The bus will drop you at the bottom of the hill. There is then a ten-minute steep walk to the ashram.
Trivandrum Central Railway Station (TVC) is connected by rail to all main cities in India. Train e-tickets can be booked via www.irctc.co.in up to three months in advance or through travel agents. Then travel by taxi/auto-rickshaw/bus
VISA AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport The Ashram accepts only those Foreign Nationals with a valid visa Indian Nationals are required to bring a valid photo ID A visa is required from most countries to visit India
Guests are advised to check with their local health authority regarding vaccinations required for visiting India
The Ashram accepts credit card payments (not American Express) A travel agent visits the Ashram once a week from October to April. Guests may exchange foreign currency and cash travellers’ cheques on payment of a commission fee. The Ashram does not accept responsibility for this service The Ashram itself cannot exchange foreign currency or cash travellers’ cheques There is an ATM available a short taxi ride from the Ashram