The intensive daily schedule includes:
• one pranayama class • two satsangs • two asana classes • three lectures • one hour of karma yoga
One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise and detailed corrections
- Prolonged holding of the asanas
- Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
- Practice of kapalabhati
- Daily practice of anuloma viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Use of bandhas
- The Six Philosophical Schools of India
- Analogies of the Supreme Reality
- Study of vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The mechanics and control of the mind
- Detailed study of the eight limbs of raja yoga
- The nine types of bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- The Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Anatomy and Physiology
- Study of the nervous and endocrine systems and their relation to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (Mantra Chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
||Advanced pranayama class
||Anatomy and physiology class
||Sanskrit class/Raja yoga sutras
||Advanced asana class
Participation in the entire daily schedule is mandatory.
- The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is open only to successful graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course
- A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course
- Participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes
- Dress code is required to be followed
- Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, drugs are prohibited during the course
- Participants who do not comply with the Ashram rules may be dismissed from the course.
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram is a certified Yoga Training Centre (Yoga Certification Board, AYUSH, Govt. of India), a member institute of the Indian Yoga Association (IYA) and is registered with Yoga Alliance (YA).
Successful graduates of the Sivananda Advanced Teachers’ Training Course qualify for:
- Yoga Alliance RYT 500
- Advanced Certified Course in Yoga (IYA) and professional membership (IYA)
- and are eligible to apply for Yoga Wellness Instructor exam (YCB).
Our accommodation is simple and functional. There are separate dormitories for men and women. We also have twin-share rooms. For each guest, a bed with a mattress and supports for mosquito net, plus 2 bed sheets, a pillow with cover and a mosquito net are provided.
- Dormitories: Separate for men and women and built as double-occupancy cubicles. Shared bathroom facilities are provided with cold water.
- Twin-Share: Twin-share have attached bathrooms
Please Note: couples are not allowed to share twin rooms during the courses.
- ATTC manual is provided as a part of the course material and is included in the course fee. Students are required to bring their TTC uniform to be used during the course.
- The course is taught in English.
- Simple Indian vegetarian meals are provided at 10am and 6pm.
- Evaluation of students is on:
- Theory during the course
- Final written exam
- A minimum combined score of 50% is required to pass.
- Unsuccessful students will have to repeat the entire course with cost to qualify for the certificate.
- Things to bring – comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, water bottle, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels, water bottle and torch. You can also purchase these items at the ashram boutique.
- Supplementary texts – Apart from the ATTC manual, there are some recommended texts for the course. These are not included in the course fee and can be bought from the boutique:
- Sivananda Training Manual
- The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Sivananda Chant Book by ISYVC
In view of possible difficulties with visas and flights, we recommend that you register only after visas and flights are certain.
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 6.5% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 150 up until 3 months from the booking date for USD payments (all accommodations).
- An additional USD 50 will be charged (USD refunds) where cancellation is after 3 months from the booking date (all accommodations).
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 18% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 450 for USD payments (all accommodations)
- After five days of the course, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
Full refund will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the programme.