PANCHAKARMA DETOXIFICATION PROGRAMME
The miracle of the human body with its natural healing intelligence is capable of constantly renewing and rejuvenating itself. However when imbalance and weakened digestive capacity allow toxic impurities to form, this natural ability of the body is blocked. Panchakarma, a formidable Ayurvedic therapy, eliminates accumulated toxins from the body, improves metabolic rate and digestive fire and brings balance to the doshas (the energetic principles of the body and mind). In just two weeks this powerful therapy will leave your body younger, stronger and free from chronic ailments and your mind calm, stress-free and relaxed.
Panchakarma in the Ashram is a unique opportunity to cleanse in a peaceful and restful environment, while benefiting from the Ashram daily programme of yoga classes, meditation sessions and more. The treatments are designed to meet individual needs with personal check-ups from our Ayurvedic physicians. Dietary, medicinal and massage requirements are modified as required. As each individual is unique, treatments are personalised using herbal medicines and oils to restore harmony and vitality. In addition to the Panchakarma treatment, you will receive a full health check with blood profile, a doctor’s daily review and talks on Ayurveda.
- Increases strength and immunity
- Promotes detoxification
- Increases energy levels, revitalises
- Anti-aging, has a profound rejuvenative effect
- Prevents neuro-degenerative disease such as Alzheimer’s
- Prevents bone-degenerative disease
- Increases metabolism
- Increases memory and concentration
- Promotes weight loss, used for treatment of obesity
- Regulates menstruation
- Reduces insomnia
- Enhances the mind; promotes mental clarity and well-being and on a deeper level, enhances consciousness.
Stages of Panchakarma
There are three stages in panchakarma therapy, all equally important.
Purva Karma—Preparatory Stage
- Snehana Medicated oil or ghee is administered orally and through massage. Enables easy elimination of the fat-soluble toxins and removes blockages created by metabolic waste. 1 hour | 5-7 treatments
- Svedana Heat is applied to open the pores and channels for ease of elimination of water-soluble Techniques used include steam bath, hot bundles, leaf bundles, powder bundles, among others. 30 mins | 2-3 treatments
Pradan Karma—the Five Actions—Treatment Stage
- Vamana (emesis) Therapeutic-induced vomiting reduces the imbalance of kapha dosha.
- Virechana (purgation) Medicated purgation through the bowels, eliminates imbalance of pitta accumulated in the liver and gallbladder.
- Sneha Basti (oil enema) Anally-administered medicated oil or ghee lubricates the large intestine, balancing vata.
- Kashya Basti (decoction enema) Anally-administered herb-infused decoction high in electrolytes and alkalinity helps neurological, auto-immune and degenerative conditions.
- Nasyam (nasal medication) Medicated oil or powder introduced through the nose reduces kapha imbalances above the clavicle region.
Paschat Karma –Post Treatment Stage
It is important to maintain a pure vegetarian diet and healthy lifestyle for one month after the therapy and to take rasayana herbs (revitalising herbs) during this period of readjustment. These will be supplied. Additional prescriptions may be offered during the final consultation.
- 7 days pre-purification
- 7 days of therapy
- Introduction to Ayurveda (the ancient Indian ‘Science of Life’)
- Personalized Ayurvedic diet guidelines based on your body’s constitution
Access to all Ashram facilities and activities including daily satsangs including meditation, yoga classes, lectures and cultural programmes.
|06.00 AM||Satsang (GROUP meditation, chanting and talk)|
|08.00 AM||Daily Panchakarma Session #1|
|10.00 AM||Brunch (INDIAN vegetarian meal)|
|10.45 AM||Karma Yoga (SELFLESS Service)|
|12:00 PM||Daily Panchakarma Session #2|
|02.00 PM||Daily Panchakarma Session #3|
|04.00 PM||Yoga Class (SEPARATE classes for beginners and intermediate students)|
|06.00 PM||Dinner (Indian Vegetarian Meal )|
|08.00 PM||Satsang (GROUP meditation, chanting and talk)|
|10.30 PM||Lights out|
In view of possible difficulties with visas and flights, we recommend that you register only after visas and flights are certain.
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 6.5% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 100 up until 3 months from the booking date for USD payments (all accommodations).
- An additional USD 50 will be charged (USD refunds) where cancellation is after 3 months from the booking date (all accommodations).
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within three days, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 18% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- 25% for USD payments (all accommodations)
- After three days of the course, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
Full refund will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the programme.