The intensive daily schedule includes:
• one pranayama class • two satsangs • two asana classes • three lectures • one hour of karma yoga
One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise and detailed corrections
- Prolonged holding of the asanas
- Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
- Practice of kapalabhati
- Daily practice of anuloma viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Use of bandhas
- The Six Philosophical Schools of India
- Analogies of the Supreme Reality
- Study of vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The mechanics and control of the mind
- Detailed study of the eight limbs of raja yoga
- The nine types of bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- The Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Anatomy and Physiology
- Study of the nervous and endocrine systems and their relation to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (Mantra Chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is open only to successful graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course. A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. To ensure the success of the programme, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes.
Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco drugs and nudity are prohibited during the course as they are counterproductive to the yoga practice. A dress-code is required to be followed. It is not possible to cater to personal dietary preferences beyond the yogic-vegetarian meals. Participants who do not comply with the Ashram rules may be dismissed from the course.
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram Trust, Neyyar Dam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India, awards an internationally recognised certificate upon course completion and successful examination. The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram Trust is a Leading Yoga Institute of the Yoga Certification Board (YCB), AYUSH department, Government of India. We are approved to conduct, examine and issue certificates for all YCB training levels. We are also an institute member of the Indian Yoga Association.
Graduates of the ATTC will receive IYA Advanced Certified Course in Yoga (ACCY) certification and professional membership where full course fee has been paid.
ATTC is suitable preparation for sitting the YCB Yoga Protocol Instructor (YWI) examination.
||Advanced pranayama class
||Anatomy and physiology class
||Sanskrit class/Raja yoga sutras
||Advanced asana class
Participation in the entire daily schedule is mandatory.
Our accommodation is simple and functional. There are separate dormitories for men and women. We also have spacious twin-share and single rooms. All accommodation areas have shelving and hanging space. For each guest, a bed with a mattress and supports for mosquito net, plus 2 bed sheets, a pillow with cover and a mosquito net are provided.
- Dormitories: Separate for men and women and built as double-occupancy cubicles. Shared bathroom facilities are provided with cold water.
- Twin-Share and Single Rooms: Twin-share and single rooms have attached bathrooms with hot water.
Please Note: couples are not allowed to share twin rooms during the courses.
- ATTC manual is provided as a part of the course material and is included in the course fee. Students are required to bring their TTC uniform to be used during the course.
- The course is taught in English.
- Simple Indian vegetarian meals are provided at 10am and 6pm.
- Refund policy:
- For cancelLing the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 6.5% for Indians ie. INR payments
- USD 150 up until 3 months from the booking date for USD payments (all accommodations).
- An additional USD 50 will be charged (USD refunds) where cancellation is after 3 months from the booking date (all accommodations).
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 18% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 450 for USD payments (all accommodations)
- After five days of the course, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
- Full refund will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the programme.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT TRAVEL AND ANY NECESSARY VISA ARE POSSIBLE BEFORE REGISTERING.
- Evaluation of students is on:
- Theory during the course
- Final written exam
- A minimum combined score of 50% is required to pass.
- Unsuccessful students will have to repeat the entire course with cost to qualify for the certificate
- Things to bring – comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, water bottle, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels, water bottle and torch. You can also purchase these items at the ashram boutique.
- Apart from the ATTC manual, there are some recommended texts for the course. These are not included in the course fee and can be bought from the boutique:
- Sivananda Training Manual
- The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Sivananda Chant Book by ISYVC
In view of possible difficulties with visas and flights, we recommend that you register only after visas and flights are certain.
- For Domestic Payments from Resident Indians:
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less 6.5%.
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the original payment will be refunded less 18%.
- For Overseas Payments:
- As refunds will be via international bank transfer, which may take six months to process, the cancellation fee has to be higher.
- The advance payment of partial course fee, service fee and taxes paid to GetOnYoga Pvt. Ltd. are fully nonrefundable.
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the course fee paid will be refunded less 25%.
- After five days of the course: in case of discontinuation of the course after the Friday of the first week, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion, are required to return manual and uniforms.
- Full refund of the course fee paid will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the course / programme.
It is advised to ensure receipt of appropriate visa is possible before registering or booking flights.
Revised 4-09-2023 SYVDA reserves the right to make changes without advanced notice.