The Sivananda Sadhana Mandalam—forty-one days of profound spiritual practice
Open to those who have completed the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course, here is an exceptional opportunity to deepen your own spiritual practice under the guidance of Swami Janardhananda, a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and an active sadhaka in Uttar Kashi, north India. A mandalam is defined as a period of time (41 days) that allows the fruits of tapas—intense sadhana—performed in that time to manifest. Your personal practice will be enhanced and strengthened. Stagnation and resistance in both mind and body fades and you begin to experience some of the more subtle and penetrating aspects of expansion of consciousness. You are in the company and have the support of other like-minded aspirants, dedicated to spiritual growth and development.
The programme is open to those who have completed the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course. The number of participants is limited to allow for personal guidance. The programme is for the full forty-one days and to maintain the stability of the group practice partial attendance cannot be considered. Students are expected to be fully committed to experience a period of disciplined sadhana. Attendance at all programmes and activities is mandatory. The Ashram reserves the right to convert your stay to the status of Yoga Vacation guest if the programme is not satisfactorily followed. There will be no free days during the programme.
You are guided daily in your practice by study of the texts Sadhana by Swami Sivananda andMeditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda. You open to an experience of deep devotion and peace of mind through daily chanting sessions of the Bhagavad Gita and the Lalitha Sahasranama. Your mind clears and your body becomes supple and light through the asana classes and early-morning pranayama sessions.
A daily spiritual diary is a requisite during the programme, and you will participate fully in all aspects of the programme. This is not a yoga vacation, nor a teachers’ refresher course and is held in the quiet season at the Ashram to ensure as little disturbance as possible. Please note there is no certification for this programme. It is intended to enhance and strengthen personal practice only.
|04.20 AM||Wake up|
|05.00 AM||Kriya & Pranayama class|
|07.30 AM||Almond Milk|
|8.00 AM||Asana Class|
|9.30 AM||Q & A related to Hatha yoga|
|11.00 AM||Karma Yoga|
|12.00 PM||Lecture (based on Sadhana by Swami Sivananda)|
|2.00 PM||Lecture (based on Mediation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda)|
|4.00 PM||Advanced asana class|
|6.45 PM||Temple chanting (Bhagavad Gita and Lalitha Sahasranama)|
|9.00 PM||Likitha japa or reading (silence)|
|9.15 PM||Spiritual diary|
|9.45 PM||Lights out|
- Sadhana by Swami Sivananda andMeditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda will be provided along with two sets of uniform as a part of course material.
- Things to bring – comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and torch. You can also purchase these items at the ashram boutique.
- We recommend that you arrived a few days before the start of the programme in India/or the Ashram to give time to acclimatise. Arrival should be no later than July 30. Departure is on September 11.
- Simple, nutritious food conducive to sadhana will be provided for brunch and dinner. Fruits will be provided during the day.
- Refund Policy: Please note that there is no refund after 30th July. Before 30th July refund will be done after deducting 10% as administrative charges and less an additional Rs 2,500 if an international bank transfer is required.
In view of possible difficulties with visas and flights, we recommend that you register only after visas and flights are certain.
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 6.5% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 150 up until 3 months from the booking date for USD payments (all accommodations).
- An additional USD 50 will be charged (USD refunds) where cancellation is after 3 months from the booking date (all accommodations).
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the original payment will be refunded less:
- 18% for Indians ie. INR payments.
- USD 450 for USD payments (all accommodations)
- After five days of the course, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
Full refund will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the programme.