The daily schedule includes:
• one pranayama class • two satsangs • two asana classes • three lectures • one hour of karma yoga
One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise and detailed corrections
- Prolonged holding of the asanas
- Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
- Practice of kapalabhati
- Daily practice of anuloma viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Use of bandhas
- The Six Philosophical Schools of India
- Analogies of the Supreme Reality
- Study of vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The mechanics and control of the mind
- Detailed study of the eight limbs of raja yoga
- The nine types of bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- The Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Anatomy and Physiology
- Study of the nervous and endocrine systems and their relation to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (Mantra Chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
||Advanced pranayama class
||Anatomy and physiology class
||Sanskrit/Raja Yoga Sutras
||Advanced asana class
Participation in the entire daily schedule is mandatory.
- The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is open only to successful graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course
- A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course
- Participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes
- Dress code is required to be followed
- Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, drugs are prohibited during the course
- Participants who do not comply with the Ashram rules may be dismissed from the course
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram Trust, Neyyar Dam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India, awards an internationally recognised certificate upon course completion and successful examination. The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram Trust is a Leading Yoga Institute of the Yoga Certification Board (YCB), AYUSH department, Government of India. We are approved to conduct, examine and issue certificates for all YCB training levels. We are also an institute member of the Indian Yoga Association.
Graduates of the ATTC will receive IYA Advanced Certified Course in Yoga (ACCY) certification and professional membership where full course fee has been paid.
ATTC is suitable preparation for sitting the YCB Yoga Wellness Instructor (YWI) examination.
The Ashram offers five simple and functional types of accommodation. There are no single rooms.
Tent space: You are requested to bring your own tent, mattress, bed sheet and pillow. Shared tent area bathrooms are with cold water only.
For all accommodation a mosquito net is provided.
Please note: Couples are not permitted to share twin rooms during Teachers’ Training Courses, Advanced Teachers’ Training Course, and the Sadhana Intensive Course.
For all accommodation mosquito net is provided.
Vaikuntam Rooms: Shared AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water), kettle and fridge
Kailash Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water)
Vishnu Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with common bathrooms (cold water only)
Dormitory: separate for men and women. Dormitories contain up to 32 beds with two-bedded cubicles. Limited solar heated water is available.
- Course Materials: ATTC manual is provided as a part of the course material and is included in the course fee. Students are required to bring their TTC uniform to be used during the course.
- Language: The course is taught in English.
- Evaluation of students is on:
- Theory during the course
- Final written exam
- A minimum combined score of 50% is required to pass.
- Unsuccessful students will have to repeat the entire course with cost to qualify for the certificate
- Supplemental Course Material: These are not included in the course fee and can be bought from the boutique:
- Sivananda Training Manual
- The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Sivananda Chant Book by ISYVC
- Things to Bring: These items can also be purchased at the ashram boutique.
- Comfortable clothes
- Personal items
- Water bottle (Reusable, we try and limit the amount of single-use plastic)
- Meditation shawl (for cool evenings)
- Yoga asana mat
- Meditation cushion
- Notebooks and pens
- Meals: Simple Indian vegetarian meals are provided at 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. (It is not possible to cater to personal dietary preferences beyond the yogic-vegetarian meals)
In view of possible difficulties with visas and flights, we recommend that you register only after visas and flights are certain.
- For Domestic Payments from Resident Indians:
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less 6.5%.
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the original payment will be refunded less 18%.
- For Overseas Payments:
- As refunds will be via international bank transfer, which may take six months to process, the cancellation fee has to be higher.
- The advance payment of partial course fee, service fee and taxes paid to GetOnYoga Pvt. Ltd. are fully nonrefundable.
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the course fee paid will be refunded less 25%.
- After five days of the course: in case of discontinuation of the course after the Friday of the first week, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion, are required to return manual and uniforms.
- Full refund of the course fee paid will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the course / programme.
It is advised to ensure receipt of appropriate visa is possible before registering or booking flights.
Revised 4-09-2023 SYVDA reserves the right to make changes without advanced notice.