The daily schedule includes:
• one pranayama class • two satsangs • two asana classes • three lectures • one hour of karma yoga
One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise and detailed corrections
- Prolonged holding of the asanas
- Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
- Practice of kapalabhati
- Daily practice of anuloma viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Use of bandhas
- The Six Philosophical Schools of India
- Analogies of the Supreme Reality
- Study of vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The mechanics and control of the mind
- Detailed study of the eight limbs of raja yoga
- The nine types of bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- The Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Anatomy and Physiology
- Study of the nervous and endocrine systems and their relation to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (Mantra Chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
||Advanced pranayama class
||Anatomy and physiology class
||Sanskrit/Raja Yoga Sutras
||Advanced asana class
Participation in the entire daily schedule is mandatory.
- The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is open only to successful graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course
- A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course
- Participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes
- Dress code is required to be followed
- Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, drugs are prohibited during the course
- Participants who do not comply with the Ashram rules may be dismissed from the course
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram is a certified Yoga Training Centre (Yoga Certification Board, AYUSH, GOI), a member institute of the Indian Yoga Association (IYA) and is registered with Yoga Alliance (YA).
Successful graduates of the Sivananda Advanced Teachers’ Training Course qualify for:
- Yoga Alliance RYT 500
- Advanced Certified Course in Yoga (IYA) and professional membership (IYA)
- and are eligible to apply for Yoga Wellness Instructor exam (YCB).
The Ashram offers five simple and functional types of accommodation. There are no single rooms.
Tent space: You are requested to bring your own tent, mattress, bed sheet and pillow. Shared tent area bathrooms are with cold water only.
For all accommodation a mosquito net is provided.
Please note: Couples are not permitted to share twin rooms during Teachers’ Training Courses, Advanced Teachers’ Training Course, and the Sadhana Intensive Course.
For all accommodation mosquito net is provided.
Vaikuntam Rooms: Shared AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water), kettle and fridge
Kailash Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water)
Vishnu Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with common bathrooms (cold water only)
Dormitory: separate for men and women. Dormitories contain up to 32 beds with two-bedded cubicles. Limited solar heated water is available.
- Course Materials: ATTC manual is provided as a part of the course material and is included in the course fee. Students are required to bring their TTC uniform to be used during the course.
- Language: The course is taught in English.
- Evaluation of students is on:
- Theory during the course
- Final written exam
- A minimum combined score of 50% is required to pass.
- Unsuccessful students will have to repeat the entire course with cost to qualify for the certificate
- Supplemental Course Material: These are not included in the course fee and can be bought from the boutique:
- Sivananda Training Manual
- The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Sivananda Chant Book by ISYVC
- Things to Bring: These items can also be purchased at the ashram boutique.
- Comfortable clothes
- Personal items
- Water bottle (Reusable, we try and limit the amount of single-use plastic)
- Meditation shawl (for cool evenings)
- Yoga asana mat
- Meditation cushion
- Notebooks and pens
- Meals: Simple Indian vegetarian meals are provided at 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. (It is not possible to cater to personal dietary preferences beyond the yogic-vegetarian meals)
- Please Note: that the following policy will be applied regardless of any problem resulting from the COVID-19 situation. It is better to wait until nearer the time of the course before registering. Please ensure that the necessary Visa can be acquired and that travel is possible before completing your registration.
- For Cancelling: registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded
- Less Rs 2,000 for Indians (dorm registration)
- Less USD 150 up until 3 months from the booking date for foreigners (all accommodations) and Indians (room registrations)
- An additional USD 50 will be charged after 3 months from the booking date for foreigners (all accommodations) and Indians (room registrations).
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within five days, the original payment will be refunded less Rs 4,500 for Indians (dorm registrations) USD 450 for Foreigners (all accommodations) and Indians (room registrations)
- After five days of the course, no refund will be issued. Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
- Full refunds will only be granted where SYVC has had to cancel the course.