With unconditional service in the ashram for a minimum period of 6 months.
Terms & Conditions
- Six months minimum commitment.
- Volunteers are expected to serve unconditionally at any of our centres or ashrams at the Director’s discretion.
- Meals and the simplest accommodations (dormitory or your tent) are free of charge.
- Attendance of morning & evening satsangs and minimum practice of one yoga asana class per day is expected.
- There are no official days off for volunteers.
- The volunteer must provide for all personal needs.
- Acknowledge and follow the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre rules (see below).
If you are interested in options 1 or 2, first come for a two-week stay as a Yoga Vacation paying guest. The two-week stay is a trial period to see whether you will be comfortable in the ashram. After completing this period, you can apply to the Director for an extended stay. You may be asked to provide a police clearance certificate or references from the responsible members of the society. Any decision taken by the Director will be final. Please note you should take full responsibility for the costs of your travel to and from the ashram and any visa formalities during your service period.