The course is divided into two parts: Ayurveda Theory and Practical Application
Ayurveda Theory: Dynamic lectures and discussions on the fundamental theories, key concepts and building blocks of Ayurveda
- Introduction to Ayurveda (Origins and Development)
- Ayurveda Ashtanga (Eight Parts of Ayurveda)
- Pancha-Maha-Bhuta Siddhanta (Five Great Elements Theory)
- Tridosha Siddhanta (Three Humors Theory)
- Prakruti (Personal Constitution)
- Agni (Transformative Fire)
- Ama (Metabolic Toxins)
- Saptha Dhatus (Seven Body Tissues)
- Dinacarya (Ayurvedic Daily Regimen)
- Ritucharya (Seasonal Regimen)
- Dravya Guna (Ayurvedic Pharmacology)
- Medicine Preparation Methods, Principles & Recipes
- Ayurvedic Nutrition Principles & Recipes
- Lifestyle & Diet Recommendations
- Ayurvedic Healing Principles & Therapies
- Ayurvedic Massage: Application of Ayurvedic massage to face, head, neck, shoulders, back, the whole body including Kizhi (hot bundles) massage
- Ayurvedic Cooking: Cookery instruction from experienced Ayurvedic chefs
- Herbal Oils: Preparation of therapy oils for massage and other treatments
- Herbal Remedies: Preparation of home herbal remedies for common ailments
- Herbal Tea Preparation: preparation of herbal teas
||Wake Up Bell
||Theory Lecture 1
||Theory Lecture 2
Attendance of the entire daily schedule is mandatory. Tourist and educational trips will be organised on Fridays to explore local culture and tourist destinations.
The Ashram offers five simple and functional types of accommodation. There are no single rooms.
- Vaikuntam Rooms: Shared AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water), kettle and fridge
- Kailash Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water)
- Vishnu Rooms: Shared non-AC twin rooms with common bathrooms (cold water only)
- Dormitory: separate for men and women. Dormitories contain up to 32 beds with two-bedded cubicles. Limited solar heated water is available.
- Tent space: You are requested to bring your own tent, mattress, bed sheet and pillow. Shared tent area bathrooms are with cold water only.
Please note: Couples are not permitted to share twin rooms during the Teachers’ Training Course, the Advanced Teachers’ Training Course, and the Sadhana Intensive Course.
For all accommodation a mosquito net is provided.
- Two sets of uniform and a manual are provided as a part of the course material and are included in the course fee
- Guests should be familiar with the Ashram Rules & Guidelines before their arrival.
- Simple Indian vegetarian meals are provided at 10am and 6pm
- Attendance at all sessions is mandatory
Things to Bring – can be purchased at the Ashram boutique
- comfortable clothes, sandals, meditation shawl for cool evenings
- toiletries and personal items
- yoga mat and meditation cushion
- water bottle and torch
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING POLICY WILL BE APPLIED REGARDLESS OF ANY PROBLEM RESULTING FROM THE CORONA VIRUS SITUATION.
IT IS BETTER TO WAIT UNTIL NEARER THE TIME OF THE COURSE BEFORE REGISTERING.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE NECESSARY VISA CAN BE ACQUIRED AND THAT TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR REGISTRATION
- For cancelling the registration before the start of the course, the original payment will be refunded less
- Rs 2,000 for Indians (dorm registration)
- Rs 10,000 for Foreigners (all accommodations) and Indians (room registrations)
- Once the course starts, if the student decides to leave within three days, the original payment will be refunded less
- 23% for Indians
- 25% for Foreigners
- After three days of the course, no refund will be issued
Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms
FULL REFUNDS WILL ONLY BE GRANTED WHERE SYVC HAS HAD TO CANCEL THE COURSE.