Senior Yoga Course
Like most people senior citizens want to enjoy life with good health and a fulfilling lifestyle. Seniors may face a variety of physical, psychological and spiritual challenges. Yoga has much to offer seniors to overcome these challenges.
Yoga teachers will be guided how to adapt hatha yoga for seniors and how to address the psychological and spiritual issues facing seniors, drawing on the wisdom of the four paths of yoga.
A certificate of participation for 16 hours training will be issued on completion of the course.
This course is open to Sivananda TTC graduates and Yoga Alliance 200 hour practitioners. A copy of your certificate will be required for registration.
Padmini’s commitment to seniors became evident many years ago when she founded the Mazaa Club for seniors in Gurgaon. Since then she has become a qualified yoga teacher and holds regular classes in Delhi with a special interest in seniors. She uses any opportunity to share yoga with students around the world during her travels.
Yoga trainings include;
- 200 hour TTC, Sivananda Yoga Dhanwantari Ashram, Neyyar Dam. Dec 2013
- Adapted Sivananda Yoga Course, Sivananda Yoga Dhanwantari Ashram, Neyyar Dam. Feb 2017
- Self-Management of Excessive Tension (SMET) program, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA), Bengaluru. Apr 2017
- Yoga as Therapy, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA), Bengaluru. Feb 2019
Email: [email protected]
- 10 classes over 4 days
- 16 hours of instruction
- Classes are a combination of theory, practical instruction and role plays.
|08.00AM – 08.45AM||Introduction (theory)|
|08.45AM – 09.00AM||Chair Yoga (theory)|
|09.00AM – 10.00AM||Chair Yoga (Practical)|
|12.30PM – 01.00PM||Chair Yoga (practical cont.)|
|01.00PM – 01.30PM||Process of Ageing (theory)|
|02.00PM – 03.00PM||Regular Gentle Sivananda Yoga (practical)|
|08.00AM – 08.30AM||Hypertension and Heart Yoga
|08.30AM – 10.00AM||Hypertension and Heart Yoga
|12.30PM – 01.00PM||Back and knee Yoga (theory)|
|01.00PM – 01.30PM||Back and knee Yoga (practical)|
|02.00PM – 03.00PM||Back and knee Yoga (practical continued)|
|08.00AM – 10.00AM||Other Body Systems (theory), Mixed Yoga (practical)|
|12.30PM – 01:30PM||Effects of Ageing / Summary (theory)|
|02.00PM – 03.00PM||Group Activity|
|08.00AM – 10.00AM||Practice sessions, teaching and demos|
|12.30PM – 01:30PM||Q&A, Compassion, loving kindness and laughter yoga|
|02.00PM – 03.00PM||Feedback and sharing|
- A t-shirt and course manual are provided as a part of the course material and are included in the course fee
- Guests should be familiar with the Ashram General Information and Rules & Guidelines before their arrival
- Simple Indian vegetarian meals are provided at 10am and 6pm
- The course is taught in English
- To ensure the success of the programme, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes
Things to bring—these items can also be purchased at the Ashram boutique
- comfortable clothes
- toiletries and personal items
- meditation shawl for cool evenings
- yoga mat
- meditation cushion
- water bottle and torch
- Cancellation before course initiation: administration fee of Rs1500 will be deducted from refund
- Cancellation after course initiation: no refund
9 – 12, March 2020
|Course Fee (including Accommodation)||Indian (Rs)||Non Indian (Rs)|
|Twin share with common bathroom (Vishnu)||8400||8400|
|Twin share with private bathroom (Kailash)||9520||9520|
|Twin share AC with private bathroom (Vaikuntam)||12160||12160|
Contact [email protected]
The Ashram offers various types of accommodation.
- Vaikuntam Rooms: Shared AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water), kettle and fridge
- Kailash Rooms:Shared non-AC twin rooms with private bathroom (hot water)
- Vishnu Rooms:Shared non-AC twin rooms with common bathrooms (cold water only)
- Dormitory:separate for men and women. Dormitories contain up to 32 beds with two-bedded cubicles. Limited solar heated water is available.
- Tent space:You are requested to bring your own tent, mattress, bed sheet and pillow. Shared tent area bathrooms are with cold water only.
- There are no single rooms